Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 31-03-2007 , 01:12 AM

rotate pan zoom change

Hi there.
I'm new to maya.
I want to change the hotkeys for navigation.
Now if i want to pan i need to press alt+mmb.
Instead i want i to be like modo and lightwave, alt+shift+press.
But i can't find this hotkeys among the other hotkeys.

please help.

# 2 16-05-2011 , 05:33 PM
Hi, I know this is a really really really old thread, so I'm sorry for bumping it, however, if someone could answer this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to Maya and was looking through the beginner's tutorials only to find the "tracking" command key in Maya slightly annoying as it requires the use of the middle tracking scroll button, so I would love to modify it to ctrl+alt+click and pan or something along those lines in Maya 2011.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

user added image

Last edited by floey; 16-05-2011 at 05:44 PM.
# 3 16-05-2011 , 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Zooming can be doing via the middle mouse scroll, and you can disable that under the "Interface" section under Windows>Settings/ Preferences>Preferences. But its "officially" alt+right click and drag.

- Genny
# 4 16-05-2011 , 07:56 PM
The Nurb Herd
i would advise anyone looking to work with maya against changing commands and making hotkeys. The nature of the work means that people move from company to company. Setting up hotkeys all the time would be pretty time consuming. Especially if you are only going to be there for a couple of weeks.
just my opinion.

# 5 18-05-2011 , 05:00 AM
Oh okays user added image Thanks for your replies. I think I'll just learn a new set of hotkeys then.. It's just that, I keep mixing it up with Lightwave and it gets frustrating at times.