Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 61 08-05-2007 , 07:01 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Si

Thanks dude, I think after the launch Im going to have some serious therapy, look at my eye twitchin!! LOLuser added image

Seriously, I'll probably have a break just after the launch to cruise the forums for a bit and have my say and get the red pen out, its been a while. Plus some promoting too. David has agreed to promote it here as long as I do an Outlaws Themed modelling tute too, which should be good fun. A bit of hard surface stuff I think. I was going to do more character related stuff but Im up to my elbows in those atm, so a break from that would be good I feel.

Ive set up an online shop too, to sell T shirts and stuff so I can fund Outlaws and get it published eventually , it'll be online (shop) once the end of May comes

Cheers
Jay

# 62 08-05-2007 , 07:57 PM
Hey Si, great job in the end, looks real good, I want/need to do a city scape for a little side project that I keep puttin on hold what with uni and another project that i'm working on and really looking forward to getting going!

Jay - I'll be looking ofrward to the launch of outlaws! Keep us posted!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 63 09-05-2007 , 06:10 PM
hehe, it'll all be worth it in the end Jay. That's a good idea to promote it through this site - I'm sure people on here will also mention it to their friends and other things may come about user added image
Good idea with the online shop - you've got some cool designs and graphics that'll fit nicely on t-shirts.
If I dont get a job after finishing the course then if you want any help just ask user added image

Thanks Steve user added image
If you want any pointers on what I've learned while doing it then just let me know. pm me or fill in my feedback form on my site (in my sig) if you want to talk about it over email.

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 64 09-05-2007 , 07:45 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Si

Sure, many thanks, I keep that in mind...

Jay

# 65 10-05-2007 , 04:54 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
it looks very good man:bow:
maybe you could make it like sunset and kick ol grandpa off his rocking chair so the young wippersnappers can take over:p