Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-04-2007 , 04:52 AM
Subscriber

Import ai-Data from FREEHAND to MAYA

Hello all!

I need really your help!
A friend asked me if I can animate his company Logo. I will try it, because I learn MAYA since one year and this is a really great chance to show me what I can put into practice!

He gave me his Logo wich is composed with FREEHAND. It is a AI-Data. He said there are all informations included wich I need to realize my project (Bezier curves, color Attributes and so on.)
There is a Grid and in it, there is a arrow. The arrow has a color developing from one color to an other. And the Name of the Company! I bevelt them and thats OK.

The problem is that I don´t see anything from the color or from the developing. Where is it hidden?
I only can see the curves, the Grid and the arrow! In devault grey! It should be colored when I press 6, or not?
Are them hidden Attributes?

Please help me in this Topic, because I never Imported data.

# 2 14-04-2007 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber
Kinda hard to get what your talking about here. Maybe if you could post a screenshot of the logo, and then one of once the data had been imported. There maybe a plug-in available for you to help you import the data correctly.

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 3 15-04-2007 , 06:24 AM
Subscriber
I can´t show you the real Logo! But I made a Logo for you to show what I mean.

Its in color and the arrow has a color developing wich i didn´t made on my Example!

My Problem is that the File wich I got, not includes the color informations or something else!
When I open the ai-file ( Illustrator) I see the curves from the Text and from The arrow and the Grid wich is between the arrow! I heard that The Grid is for the Developing of the color.

My question is: Are the Attributes probably hidden. Or they probably not able to be imported to MAYA?

When I open a ILLUSTRATOR file in MAYA, wich informations be imported?

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 15-04-2007 , 06:41 AM
Subscriber
Here is the kind of looking of the ILLUSTRATOR file.
That is all, when I import the file.
But I need the color informations and so on! Where they are?
Please help me!

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 15-04-2007 , 12:47 PM
Subscriber
Ok.
Pretty sure that its only going to import your curves from ai-data.
Simple enough to recreate the colour again. Just use a ramp shader in your arrow to get the blending colours.

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 6 17-04-2007 , 06:42 PM
Subscriber
Thank you Antiant! Now I now a way. I opened the file in illustrator and got the details for the color attributes.
The Ramp shader is pretty simple! Thanks!