Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-07-2007 , 02:07 AM
Subscriber

Micro Fairy Helicopter - Back after a big Break!

Hi Guys,

I don't know when I used Maya last, but I'm still on version 6.0!

Roughly modelled up my son's micro Helli, which we plan on doing a an animation with.

Cheers
Paul

Attached Images
# 2 02-07-2007 , 02:23 AM
Subscriber
wow you do live ..long time no see ..welcome back ...kinda hard to see the details but looks good to me ...

# 3 02-07-2007 , 02:33 AM
Looks cools man.

Good to see your back.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 02-07-2007 , 03:31 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Guys,

I had forgotten how much I love modelling. Its really good fun.

I will post a better picture tomorrow as I'm on the laptop at the moment :-)

This is a video of the real Helli.

I want do a video something like the real footage I shot on youtube, but this time have the model doing 3D maneuvers with my son pretending he is controlling it

Cheers
Paul

# 5 02-07-2007 , 12:16 PM
Subscriber
Here is a closer picture of the model. Its not going to need much more detail, because it will be very small in the video.

I will add a little more detail and some minior fixes, then model the Pylon followed by tracking some video footage.

Cheers
Paul

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 02-07-2007 , 01:25 PM
Subscriber
oh that is great ..i love it ...you could not see the detail before but looks real good ..only downfall and this maybe correct ..too much reflectiveness ....but it maybe the reflective ...not sure

# 7 02-07-2007 , 01:38 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback.

You're 100% Correct about the reflectiveness, but that shouldn't be an issue, because the animation sequence will be rendered in software mode.

In the video footage I have of the actual model, you can't see any reflections etc, so fingers crossed it should work.

I will use the radio controlled model as a reference for lighting etc, so I have no excuses for not getting this right.

Cheers
Paul