Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-07-2007 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber

beach

hi,

hopefully someone can help cos i dont know where to start!!

i wana make an small animation of a beach, and i dont know how i can animate waves on the shore..

i would imagine you will use wakes but when u set a collision object you just get ripples bouncing off it.

does anyone know how i can do it? or able to point me to a tut, cos i cant seem to find one!

thanks

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 2 27-07-2007 , 12:53 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Then you must turn on foam emission in the ocean settings and for tutorials i would use google.
type in ocean and/or fluids in maya tutorial and i'm guessing you will find some tutorials and if not try a book about fluids.
Good luckuser added image

# 3 27-07-2007 , 02:39 AM
Subscriber
i still cant find any, but thanks..

i cant seem to get the waves to interact with the geo in the right way, the wake simply hits it a bounces back.
if anyone esle has any suggestions it would be much appreciated!

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington