Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-07-2007 , 08:51 PM

The Strangest Thing...

Something really wierd happened. The scientific calculator I use wouldn't turn on, so I suspected it was a loose battery. After repeatedly hitting the case as taught by the math teacher at school didn't work, I suspected the battery was dead.

So I got a screw driver, undid the six screws and removed the back cover to find that the battery was inserted upside down with the + end contacting the - end.

The wierd thing is that I was using it the day before with no problems and no one had tampered with it. I had only opened it up for the first time this year and if I had installed it the wrong way previously it wouldn't have worked all that time before today. So I wondering exactly how the battery became like this. Was it ghosts, sabotage or aliens?

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 2 28-07-2007 , 08:59 PM
maybe the battery was a telling the truth and not using the conventional thinking of electrical flow????

Mad that, it might have been in the right way but when you opened it it fliped as the case opened.

I had 2 car keys for my remote locking/alarm the battery went in one so I opened it up (following the insturctions of course) and the inside of the key, the PCB shattered, when I used the second key till it dided, tried to change the battery and it did the same! Mad!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 28-07-2007 , 09:18 PM
gster123 > 'maybe the battery was a telling the truth and not using the conventional thinking of electrical flow????'

I'm using the old battery at the moment, now correctly put in of course. If it wasn't following the standard of the flat end going with the spring bit of the socket, it wouldn't be working now.

gster123 > 'Mad that, it might have been in the right way but when you opened it it fliped as the case opened.'

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't moved when I was opening it up. The battery fits pretty well into the socket and requires a bit of force to pull out so I couldn't have accidentaly moved. This has got to be the strangest thing thats happened to me (my ufo sighting comes in second and I like to think that was an unusual optical illusion).

# 4 28-07-2007 , 09:45 PM

Originally posted by The Architect
gster123 > 'maybe the battery was a telling the truth and not using the conventional thinking of electrical flow????'

I'm using the old battery at the moment, now correctly put in of course. If it wasn't following the standard of the flat end going with the spring bit of the socket, it wouldn't be working now.

That was a joke menaing that electical flow dosent do from + to - as most people think

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 28-07-2007 , 10:07 PM
gster123 > 'That was a joke menaing that electical flow dosent do from + to - as most people think'

It was? I did't get it. Now I look silly user added image

# 6 29-07-2007 , 12:30 AM
hmmm, this made me wonder. you SURE no-one tampered with it?

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 7 29-07-2007 , 03:02 PM
Joopson > 'you SURE no-one tampered with it?'

I'm very certain no one has tampered with it. Haven't had any friends over for a while and my parents can't be bothered to do this. Has anyone else had something like this happen to them before?

# 8 29-07-2007 , 07:31 PM
Subscriber
Lol, very wierd ... user added image

# 9 08-08-2007 , 07:28 PM
Is your calculator solared powered? If this is true then one battery may supply enough power while the solar power does the rest.

This is just a guess so it may not be 100 percent true

Signature