Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 22-09-2007 , 02:38 AM

I can't see the handles in perspective mode

Hi all.
I was following the Poligonal modeling tutorial when in a certain point I just stopped viewing the handles (I mean the three lines that show the three axis of movement) to move or scale or everything in the perspective view... I don't really know what I did.. could you please help me?

Thanks in advance

:headbang:

# 2 22-09-2007 , 02:56 AM
Jr.Who

# 3 22-09-2007 , 03:00 AM
I confess you that I've been looking for an answer there but I couldn't find.... I've tried again and I still can't find the answer... user added image
:headbang:

Last edited by ZioRiP; 22-09-2007 at 03:07 AM.
# 4 22-09-2007 , 03:19 AM
Lifetime Member
If you mean the x,y,z at the bottom left of the viewport then go to Display at the top of the UI and under Heads Up Display click on view axis to toggle it on or off.
If you are actually talking about the manipulator handles then hitting + on the keyboard makes them larger and - makes them smaller.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 5 22-09-2007 , 03:25 AM
I meant the one that appears at the center of the object whenever you choose the move tool. The one with the three arrows and the square at the center.
The one can be used to move the object in just one direction.

I don't know how, but after a crash of the program it's appeared by itself... It's strange cause I've tried to reboot the program several times before with no results...
Now I don't need the answer, but if you can explain to me how it works I'll be glad user added image

Thanks

..... Ok, your answer was correct... Sorry guys, I'm a little confused with this program... but I'm learning user added image
thanks... byes!

# 6 22-09-2007 , 09:37 PM
It's occurred again....

The strange thing is that I can't drag the object in the view if those handles are not visibles... Actually I can only see them in the perspective view...
I've already tried with + and -.... nothing changes....
I don't really know how to solve this problem.
In the UI menu everything seems tot be ok.

user added image

# 7 22-09-2007 , 10:09 PM
ok, I've found the reason why...
Everything was releated to the fact that the move options were set up as normal instead of world...
I've realized... later, but I did it... :attn: