Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-11-2007 , 11:27 AM

nCloth basics?

i just dived into nCloth for the first time and am curious as to why the cloth keeps falling off the poly model with which it collides. i have changed the mass and friction, painted weights on the corners of the cloth, but it still just falls right off. i haven't been able to find any decent tutorials on this type of thing. perhaps i need to mess with nCloth constraints? i don't know, any suggestions, or links to tutorials, would be appreciated user added image

# 2 11-11-2007 , 05:35 PM
could you post some pics with before and after shots to show where the problems are.

# 3 11-11-2007 , 07:13 PM
i uploaded a quicktime to youtube of what happens as it plays.

it can be viewed here: link

the particles are just something extra that was required in the scene. the problem lies with the nCloth.

# 4 11-11-2007 , 08:21 PM
I have only ever used ncloth for clothing. I model the clothing and then convert it to a ncloth. If for example I made a cape I would create it as a poly object and then convert it to a ncloth. I would then select my character and set it up as a collision object. Then I select the vertices on both the cape and around the neck of my character and constrain them. Now when I play this the cape stays attached to the character without flying off.

Good luck and hope this helps.