Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-11-2007 , 04:05 PM

what to buy

I am enrolled for an Intro to Maya class next month and I know nothing about this program. What computer and software do I need to get started? What is the best resource for information on Maya? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

# 2 22-11-2007 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber
dont wanna be rough, but...

i'm tired of such questions. there are two main sources to check first. there is google and the search function here.

always the same. if you dont know anything then first go to the owners page (autodesk) get some infos. what software do I need??? obviously maya, eh???

maybe an intro to how to use the web and gather some infos-course should be provided at first...

sry but it is just to easy to visit a forum and asking questions without being self-involved.
questions taht have been asked and answered milliions of times...

again, dont wanna be rough and it is not just you.

tired

# 3 22-11-2007 , 09:00 PM
Yeah fair enough,

but the forum is called "Basic's and Newbie Forum", so it's reasonable to assume you can ask this here.

Get Maya obviously, and work through all the inbuilt tutorials first. I've only been doing Maya for about 6 months and it gives you a decent start. Then do the free tutorials here, from gnomon workshop, 3dbuzz.com and google for more. Get a book or two, I've not tried many but there are plenty, google "maya" on amazon and read customer reviews to see if they're good and what they cover.

That'll get you started.

have fun,

gubar

# 4 23-11-2007 , 11:57 AM
in addition to that any cpu (better go dual since it is real cheap now), 1gb+ ram and any medium gamer´s graphic card will fit your needs with maya.

have fun!

(..and don´t ask stoopid questions again XD)

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.