Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 28-11-2007 , 08:04 PM
Hmm... I just don't get why CGI has a reputation for cutesy movies. I think CGI would be great for complex and distrubing dystopia themed stories and other more 'artistic' generes...

I know its wrong to judge a film by its trailer, and a book by its cover, but when I saw Beowulf's trailer, it kinda put me off. It was too overdone with its attempts to impress the audience, with crazy shots (bad style) and effects that probaly were not ready yet for the big screen. But thats just my opinion.

As for those Beowulf vs. cutesy animation films, I would think that Beowulf is better - its slaughtering the concept that CGI should only be for cutesy films and thats good cause its paving the way for something really creative to be made.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!