Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-12-2007 , 03:38 PM

SM Has Spell Check Now

Just noticed today. This is the ONLY forum with it too. Am I late or something?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 06-12-2007 , 03:55 PM
Jr.Who
……Where?

# 3 06-12-2007 , 04:04 PM
in firefox, everything does

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 4 06-12-2007 , 04:14 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Joopson is right,

It depends what Internet browser your using.

FireFox is BEST :bow:

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 5 06-12-2007 , 04:31 PM
Oh, I was using firefox. Didn't know it did that.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 6 06-12-2007 , 04:31 PM
Jr.Who
Ah, that's what he's talking about. I thought there was a spell check ON the forum.

Originally posted by Mayaniac
FireFox is BEST :bow:

lol, not according to this chart:
https://www.apple.com/safari/

# 7 06-12-2007 , 04:50 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Originally posted by Jr.Who
Ah, that's what he's talking about. I thought there was a spell check ON the forum.

lol, not according to this chart:
https://www.apple.com/safari/

HA... PLEASE.... that's Apple for you.... Steve Jobs probably rigged it himself.... JK

When i say it's the best. I mean the best I've ever used.

At least it's better than Internet destroyer!... EDIT: Whoops, look like i spelt Explore wrong....... Or did i ????

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 8 06-12-2007 , 05:19 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by Mayaniac
HA... PLEASE.... that's Apple for you.... Steve Jobs probably rigged it himself.... JK

When i say it's the best. I mean the best I've ever used.

At least it's better than Internet destroyer!... EDIT: Whoops, look like i spelt Explore wrong....... Or did i ????

I've used both Safari and FF and I'd say that Safari's much better. The next update is supposed to have faster Javascript performance than Opera!

# 9 06-12-2007 , 07:25 PM
apple have a great way of making stuff look like they "invented" it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by gster123; 06-12-2007 at 07:41 PM.
# 10 06-12-2007 , 07:51 PM
i think its kinda stupid that internet explorer doesnt have that, but then again Internet Explorer 7 is totally horrible and the interface sucks.

# 11 06-12-2007 , 08:00 PM
valid point steve user added image

'lets take an existing idea, make it sound dead cool and look dead cool and get the media hype to advertise it so we sell millions'
- then everyone who loves it says that its far better than the other identical products because it looks better???

Is spell checking actually that much of a requirement in a web browser? It started creeping into web applications a fair few years ago in the 'hey lets add a new gadget in just because we can syndrome'.
I think its going to be extremely rare that you're going to be writing something which is so important that it needs spell checking in a browser.
Still, progress raises expectations.

Just my thoughts user added image
Simon

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 12 06-12-2007 , 08:21 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by gster123
apple have a great way of making stuff look like they "invented" it.

What?

# 13 07-12-2007 , 02:24 AM
Safari is copied... I mean, based on the KDE ultra browser Konqueror, which also happens to be file browser, FTP client and ten thousand other things. user added image

Anyways, its all good, since Apple quickly helped fixed the core Konqueror code to make it standard compliant and gave it back.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 14 07-12-2007 , 10:12 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by The Architect
Safari is copied... I mean, based on the KDE ultra browser Konqueror, which also happens to be file browser, FTP client and ten thousand other things. user added image

Anyways, its all good, since Apple quickly helped fixed the core Konqueror code to make it standard compliant and gave it back.

People use Konqueror? :lmao:

Anyway, I don't care if they made it or copied it, it's still better. In the end, everybody copies everybody, but what really matters, is whoever copies better.

# 15 07-12-2007 , 10:35 AM
Jr.Who > "People use Konqueror?"

Probaly not for web browsing...

I use it for its file management abilities since its handling of file permissions is much better than Nautilus and its interface suits me better. It is supposed to be replaced by the dedicated file manager Dolphin, but I don't plan to use that until its been tested (precious files).

Anyways, I would use Konqueror when I need to go to those badly coded sites don't that don't work Opera. As for which browser is better, in my experience, Konqueror seems to be the browser thats least resource hungry but thats probaly becuase its part of KDE. In regards to speed, it beats Firefox on my system and is roughly the same as Opera. I haven't compared it with Safari, but its rigid 'you will do what I say' interface means I probaly won't consider using it (that is, if it worked with Fedora).

Jr.Who > "Anyway, I don't care if they made it or copied it, it's still better. In the end, everybody copies everybody, but what really matters, is whoever copies better."

Person No. 1 - Bad Microsoft, don't steal ideas from Apple and open source! No cookie for you!
Person No. 2 - *cough* Safari = KHTML (Konqueror web rendering engine thingy) *cough*
Person No. 1 - I'm not listening! *runs off*

Meh... its all good user added image

Except for Internet Explorer... I mean, Malware Installation Manager...

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!