Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-01-2008 , 07:46 PM
Subscriber

Foot bend

I recently d/l the Walk Cycle tutorial by Kurt Boutilier and am having trouble getting the foot bend thingy to work. I have the ik handles set up correctly, but when I enter a value for the bend attribute nothing happens. Does anybody know how to get it to work?

# 2 19-01-2008 , 09:24 AM
Subscriber
OK, here are pictures of the Hypergraph of the leg, the leg IK handles, the RP kind, and the Set Driven Keys window.

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 3 19-01-2008 , 09:25 AM
Subscriber
user added image

# 4 19-01-2008 , 11:10 AM
Lifetime Member
I can't really tell whats going on from the pic you posted but at a guess I would say you need to check that you have set your keys correctly for the set driven key on the foot roll, redo the keys to be sure.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 5 19-01-2008 , 12:50 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by jsprogg
I can't really tell whats going on from the pic you posted but at a guess I would say you need to check that you have set your keys correctly for the set driven key on the foot roll, redo the keys to be sure.

How should the keys be set?

What type of pictures would help you to better understand the situation?

# 6 19-01-2008 , 01:36 PM
Lifetime Member
Ok go to Animate and click on the Set Driven Key option box.

1.In the Outliner or hypergraph select the L_foot Group and in the Set Driven Key window click on Load Driver.

2.Next hold down shift and select the LheelPivot, L_toePivot and L_ankle and then in the Set Driven Key window click on Load Driven.

3.In the Set Driven Key window under Driven select all three attributes (LheelPivot, L_toePivot and L_ankle)and also select the rotate X on the right,then go up to the top Driver window and select L_foot and then the roll attribute on the right making sure the roll is set to zero and then hit KEY at the bottom of the Set Driven Key window.

4.ok now back down to the Driven window, select LheelPivot only and then in the Maya channel box type in -5 for the roll and type in -25 in the Rotate X then hit KEY at the bottom of the Set Driven Key window.

5.In the Maya channel box type in 5 for the roll and then in the Driven part of the Set Driven Key window select L_ankle only and go back to the Maya channel box and type in 40 in the Rotate X then hit KEY at the bottom of the Set Driven Key window.

6.In the Maya channel box type in 10 for the roll and then in the Driven part of the Set Driven Key window select L_toePivot only and go back to the Maya channel box and type in 20 in the Rotate X then hit KEY at the bottom of the Set Driven Key window.

7.Repeat for the R_foot.

Hope this explains it a little regards J.S.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner

Last edited by jsprogg; 19-01-2008 at 01:40 PM.
# 7 19-01-2008 , 02:11 PM
Subscriber
Thanks. I'll give it a try and post the restults.

# 8 19-01-2008 , 04:18 PM
Subscriber
YAY! :attn:

It works!

Thank you! :bow:

user added image