SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

Home / forum / Your Work / Work In Progress / Jr.Who - W.I.P. - Pirate Ship
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #31
Mayaniac
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
 
Mayaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Derby
Posts: 1,241
Thanks: 23
Thanked 33 Times in 30 Posts
Default

This came together really nicely! Good Job!

Looking forward to seeing the texturing.
__________________
www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
Mayaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #32
younglion
Registered User
 
younglion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: t-dot
Posts: 646
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jr.Who
Thanks lealar and younglion!



What parts would you like to see?

Man, that's a nice ship. I wonder how many guys it took to make all that stuff.
thats a hard question i dont know maybe a shot from the deck looking across the ship or up at the mast something like that
__________________
wip
Kleemann cl65
my concept car
younglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #33
Jr.Who
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks a lot Mayaniac!

Here you go younglion:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pirate_ship14.png
Views:	90
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	38075  
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #34
Jr.Who
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just got finished with UV mapping the sails:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pirate_ship15.png
Views:	96
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	38076  
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #35
mirek03
Subscriber
 
mirek03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,752
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

looks great.., if you want wake as it goes in the water.., i suspect if you parent a volume field at the bow and set a collision with the softbody passive water .., you should get a nice wake.., though its just a thought 9dont know if it will work ) i had looking at your thread.., you could always use the examples.., but you dont learn the guts of much with presets

looks great,.., all of it
__________________
take it easy and life will be easy
mirek03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:31 AM   #36
Rhetoric Camel
Subscriber
 
Rhetoric Camel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Plattsburgh New York
Posts: 1,222
Thanks: 6
Thanked 28 Times in 23 Posts
Default

nice work, kind of makes me want to do the pirate ship.
Are you planning on turning the ropes and sails into nCloth's?
__________________
- Mike

http://rhetoriccamel.blogspot.com
Rhetoric Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:48 AM   #37
Jr.Who
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mirek03
looks great.., if you want wake as it goes in the water.., i suspect if you parent a volume field at the bow and set a collision with the softbody passive water .., you should get a nice wake.., though its just a thought 9dont know if it will work ) i had looking at your thread.., you could always use the examples.., but you dont learn the guts of much with presets

looks great,.., all of it
Although I have no idea what you're talking about, thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
nice work, kind of makes me want to do the pirate ship.
Are you planning on turning the ropes and sails into nCloth's?
Thanks, Mike. No, I've never really tinkered around with nCloth.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:20 AM   #38
mirek03
Subscriber
 
mirek03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,752
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

hey it was just something i thought you might like to look into.., try a drag field with inherit velocity ON.., or select your boat and connect the field to it using 'use selected sourse.., try an example and emulate it.., theres lots of things
__________________
take it easy and life will be easy
mirek03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:35 AM   #39
shwenkerbean
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Who,

I have been watching this post the last few days. I like your model. It seems simple, yet complex all in the same breath. We've gotta see some texturing. Stop messing with us. Textures are gonna make that look great.
shwenkerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #40
Jr.Who
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by shwenkerbean
Who,

I have been watching this post the last few days. I like your model. It seems simple, yet complex all in the same breath. We've gotta see some texturing. Stop messing with us. Textures are gonna make that look great.
Thanks shwenkerbean. I can't wait for texturing too! I'm thinking of going for a black worn-out look.

I'll be getting a new tablet this week, so I'll post up on what I think of it when I get it.

Just mapped a couple more pieces:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pirate_ship16.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	38101  
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #41
mirek03
Subscriber
 
mirek03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,752
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

mate, i hope you know i was talking about making a wake in the waves when you get that far.., fields are very interesting, designed to act like real world fields.

as far as the simple yet complicated model. IMHO i think the beams at the front are too thick/wide.., length is fine of course, came straight off the orthos.., but it looks like the front end is going to fall into the sea and take the boat with it

as i said its nice work, take your time, dont rush it.., no-one is going anywhere in a hurry

M
__________________
take it easy and life will be easy
mirek03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #42
Jr.Who
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mirek03
mate, i hope you know i was talking about making a wake in the waves when you get that far.., fields are very interesting, designed to act like real world fields.

as far as the simple yet complicated model. IMHO i think the beams at the front are too thick/wide.., length is fine of course, came straight off the orthos.., but it looks like the front end is going to fall into the sea and take the boat with it

as i said its nice work, take your time, dont rush it.., no-one is going anywhere in a hurry

M
Do you have any links for stuff like that?

About the front part, I'm just following what Kurt's doing!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #43
gster123
Moderator
 
gster123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Manchester Uk
Posts: 6,300
Thanks: 1
Thanked 51 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Go into the visor and have a look in there and "reverse engineer" the one with the boat and the wakes.
__________________
"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
gster123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #44
Jr.Who
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by gster123
Go into the visor and have a look in there and "reverse engineer" the one with the boat and the wakes.
I just saw the pic of it and it looks like something really cool to integrate. I'll have to tinker with it when I'm done texturing and setting it up for the final render.

Got really bored UV mapping last night (surprise ) and finished some more of it today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pirate_ship17.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	38110  
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #45
Jr.Who
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The sides of the ship are a lot easier than I thought they were going to be. Makes the UVs much more fun this way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pirate_ship18.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	38125  
  Reply With Quote
New Thread

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trapjaw (MOTU) W.I.P tweetytunes Work In Progress 7 13-11-2010 10:03 PM

1 Month

$34

Month-to-month billing
$34/month
Unlimited access to all videos
Project files to download
Easy to cancel at anytime
 
 

3 months

$87

Billing every 3 months
$29/month
Unlimited access to all videos
Project files to download
Easy to cancel at anytime
Save $5 per month or $15 in total compared to monthly billing with this package.

12 months

$288

Billing every 12 months
$24/month
Unlimited access to all videos
Project files to download
Easy to cancel at anytime
Save $10 per month or $120 in total compared to monthly billing with this package.

Your plan will automatically renew. You can cancel at any time via your PayPal account to avoid being charged again.

You can view the FAQ on our video plans here. You can contact us directly here. By clicking one of the buttons above, you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy.