Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-02-2008 , 03:31 PM
Subscriber

Monitor?

Alright, right now I have a Dell E228WFP 22" monitor. I was going to get just another one of these, then I came across some 24" monitors, with 1080i HD, and it made me wonder if I should just get two of those instead of another 22" like I have now. The one I was looking at (can't remember the name but it was another dell) looked pretty good but comments on it were saying how it's not good if you're doing graphic designing and so on... I was just wondering what you guys would suggest.

Keep the monitor I have and add another one to it, or upgrade to the 24" monitors? I want two monitors but I wouldn't be completely satisfied if I had two different monitors, I guess it's an OCD I have, haha.

# 2 09-02-2008 , 04:07 AM
Dell do some really good monitors for the price, theres one that was reviewed in 3d world a while back that got rave reviews accross the board, it was the 2407WFP, it had a low viewing angle compared but it was something like £150 cheaper than the nearest rival.

I run my laptop at 1900 X 1200 and its great, lots of room to work, but I would just make sure that your graphics card can go up to that level.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 09-02-2008 , 11:32 AM
Subscriber
alright thank you, that is the one I was looking at, must have been a couple people that didn't like the monitor because they had to manually adjust the brightness and colors. I purchased that monitor, and my graphics card is the Quadro FX 3450, which I think will reach that resolution.

# 4 09-02-2008 , 12:17 PM

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
alright thank you, that is the one I was looking at, must have been a couple people that didn't like the monitor because they had to manually adjust the brightness and colors. I purchased that monitor, and my graphics card is the Quadro FX 3450, which I think will reach that resolution.

People didn't like the monitor becuase they have to manually adjust the brightness and contrast? user added image

I must be living in the stone age, but what other way is there to get the monitor settings to your liking?

Have brain to computer interfaces become an reliality? user added image

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 5 10-02-2008 , 03:23 PM
Subscriber
lol, btw don`t you always need to adjust them? to your likings?

# 6 10-02-2008 , 03:52 PM

Originally posted by AikoWorld
lol, btw don`t you always need to adjust them? to your likings?

Damm man you not got "generic" eyes!!

Just LOOK!!!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 10-02-2008 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
yeah I know the first thing I do is adjust all the settings to my liking, it's pretty much expected with anything. Goes to show you can't listen to everyone, haha.

# 8 11-02-2008 , 12:59 AM
Subscriber
you some kind of cyborg??

Lol

hahaha imagine having cyborg eyes, kinda handy.