Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-02-2008 , 12:31 AM

Eradicator Mk III

I RP on a website called nationstates.net where I play as a Galactic Empire-like nation in the far distant future. Here, my Empire created a rather unique design of removing the Towers from the Star Destroyer series and dubbed them as a "Towerless Star Destroyer." Of the many Towerless Star Destroyers which I've designed, this is the only one which I've actually designed on my own. Again, as with my Predator Annihilator project, I apologize for the possible difficulty of seeing the general body design as I don't know how to change the background to be more of a "grey" view for these things.

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 23-02-2008 , 01:51 AM
for changing the background the fastest/easiest way to do it is to make a really large cube, delete 3 of the faces, apply a lighter texture, and then stick your model inside... but lighting also plays a role in separating the background from the subject. your lighting is pretty dim except for where the glow appears. if there were better lighting we'd also be able to see more detail on the model as well.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 23-02-2008 , 02:09 AM

Originally posted by NeoStrider
for changing the background the fastest/easiest way to do it is to make a really large cube, delete 3 of the faces, apply a lighter texture, and then stick your model inside... but lighting also plays a role in separating the background from the subject. your lighting is pretty dim except for where the glow appears. if there were better lighting we'd also be able to see more detail on the model as well.

Good pointers, I think I'll make the attempts now to see how it goes. Maybe I'll go and create some lights...