Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 06-08-2008 , 04:00 AM

A Newbie Kitchen WIP

So This is my kitchen scene in progress,I was working on this a few months back got bored of maya and in a few hours got all the shaders and UVing done. It's still in the "needs lots of work" stage so later one I'll ask for critization. I'll add small aplicances,more detail,ipmrove the wood shaders,randomness granite and basically everything.

# 2 06-08-2008 , 04:02 AM
Sorry,heres the overall scene there's more but this is what has some "niceness" to it. I have yet to model the sink and other stuffs.

Attached Images
# 3 06-08-2008 , 04:59 AM
Super Moderator
Not bad, you beveled edges, you did textures, you got shadows going on (though, a little dark and a bit too sharp), refractions and everything, its not as newbie as you say lol :p

- Genny
# 4 06-08-2008 , 06:39 AM
Thanks for the crit and commet user added image I'm fixing it right now and am adding some lighting for under the cabenits,I'dd add those halide light thingies for under the cabenits. That'll add some looks and will be easy(light fog,halo,light glow blah blah)

Last edited by jm82792; 06-08-2008 at 06:45 AM.
# 5 07-08-2008 , 02:45 AM
looks good. Definitely doesn't sound newbie at all to me. You sound like you know ALOT more than me user added image (though, I guess I am a newb, so it's not saying much... ah well.)

Keep up the good work!