Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 18-12-2002 , 09:36 AM

Loard of the Rings Two Towers

Just got back from the midnight show if TLOTR!! It was amazing. There was alot more hummor in this one compared to the last, and it was not cheezy at all, it was very well thought out and placed humor, unlike starwars. I won't give anything away, but Golumn is byfar the best CG character I have ever scene in any film! He was incredibly realistic. Intergration, matchmoving and compositing was perfect. Makes you think twice wether or not he is actually a real character, or just animated. Absolutly amazing. Well, Gotta go to work in 3 hours, so I am going to work on my Challenge for december,user added image user added image 2 thumbs up!!:yipee:
Brian

# 2 18-12-2002 , 03:18 PM
Kevin
hmm I didnt like the first but I may give this a go. I really didnt like harry potter2 - but I just cant stand "kid" actors! thats why I didnt like stars wars - attack of the clones much.

They just cant act ...aaaggghhhrrrrhh!!!

But If I can get hold of a couple of free tickets to this one I might go..if even for the pop corn user added image

Thx for the review brian...and if its no good, Im gonna hunt you down user added image

# 3 18-12-2002 , 06:57 PM
I'm a HUGE star wars fan and I thought Episode 2 was really rough and kinda painfull at times to watch! It seemed to me that George lost the idea of story telling and just showed our favorite little program off! Was pretty to look at and I liked it but acting lessons were needed! Even for big shot Samuel and Ewen! Looking forward to TLOTR tonight!!! user added image And I'm with ya Kevin if it suck we're going hunting! >user added image

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 4 18-12-2002 , 07:02 PM
Trust me its worth it. So if you get to hunt me down if you don't like it, what do I get if you do like it? lol
Brian
Its good user added image user added image

# 5 18-12-2002 , 07:48 PM
My brother went to the midnight showing, I'll ask him how it was, when he wakes up :-p

I can't wait to see it, as you might have already guessed from my s/n, hehe....

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded.
# 6 18-12-2002 , 11:49 PM
i am gonna see it this sunday

after readin soooo many spoilers..it sounds good to me.

# 7 19-12-2002 , 05:00 AM
The Maya Mountain
I was very happy with it. user added image I'd have to think that if you didnt' like the 1st one, you probably won't care for it too much either... although it's beyond me what you didn't like about the 1st. lol But, to each his own. user added image

# 8 20-12-2002 , 05:31 AM

Originally posted by dpvtank
i am gonna see it this sunday

after readin soooo many spoilers..it sounds good to me.

You should actually read the book, it is much better. (Uh, Oh...was that a cliché?) They had to cut so much of the story out of the movie, otherwise each of the three movies would be 5 hours long.

Of course, reading the book is the ultimate spoiler user added image

------
AlphaJoe
# 9 20-12-2002 , 09:00 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by mtmckinley
I was very happy with it. user added image I'd have to think that if you didnt' like the 1st one, you probably won't care for it too much either... although it's beyond me what you didn't like about the 1st. lol But, to each his own. user added image

lol, I just like a film with an ending within 3 hrs I guess user added image

# 10 20-12-2002 , 09:10 AM
Subscriber

lord of the rings

Went to see it last night it is one of the best fantasy films i have ever seen,I can not fault it in anyway the acting was good but the best thing about it was the specail effects and the battle scenes any one who dreams of working in film effects must watch this film.Kevin please do not compare Harry potter to this that is an insult :p Check out the golum amazing and just enjoy the film youll come away inspired......Merry christmas to all my buddys at simply Maya and good luk for next year as i reckon that this site will go from strengh to strengh and i predict that it will win some kind of award cheers for all your help ladsuser added image

# 11 22-12-2002 , 11:06 PM
Okay I saw it and OMFG I left that theater with a feeling of peace and completion! After seeing that movie I don't have anything to live for... till the next one at least!!! user added image It was AMAZING and funny!!! And I agree with the previous statement of not understanding people who didn't like it or the first! Sick people in this world I guess! user added image

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 12 23-12-2002 , 01:42 AM
Golum was by far the best cg cg character I've ever seen!!!!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 13 23-12-2002 , 04:36 PM
Subscriber
just saw it last night, stupid me missed the chance to see it at universal studios on thursday thought... still a great flick..no matter where you see it.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 14 23-12-2002 , 04:49 PM
Kevin
i see it.... i think it should be re-named "board of the rings" user added image

just j/k with ya guys user added image

a bit of xmas cheer

# 15 23-12-2002 , 06:41 PM
The only three words that come to mind when describing Two Towers are: Grand, Epic, and Awesome.

The Gimli comic relief scenes felt out of place to me. They were uneeded and reminded me that I was watching a movie. That sucked, but other than that, OUTSTANDING film, and Gollem/Smeagol rocked.. For anyone who's read the books, you know what he was talking about at the end of the film.

<a href=https://www.team-evolve.com>don't be left with the chimps, evolve with us...</a>