Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 06-11-2008 , 03:10 AM
Subscriber
how about Mr diehard, Bruce Willis...

# 17 06-11-2008 , 03:41 AM
Subscriber
suggestions??

the super heros is a good idea.., the guy with the mechanical arms from spiderman 3???

the hero, nameless, from heroes??

the guy in Shinobi.., the one whose love can only exisit in their dreams (the star crossed lovers).., or the leader of one of the shinobi village.., theres a whole bunch of amazing characters to choose fro in that movie.

the robot from 'I robot.'

there are many

the hollywood heros thing is a little done to death IMHO

take it easy and life will be easy
# 18 06-11-2008 , 05:37 AM
Subscriber
If you think it, it should be Arnold Schwarzenegger - he always looks good as a cartonny type character, he was once built like a superhero and he`s super famous and I beleave it would sell very well - and the other cool thing about Arnold Schwarzenegger is once you have the head you can go any where with him so you can personalise him for your own showreel - it fine doing a tut but its all about applying what you learn - think about it.

If you do a tut on "Conan Arnold Schwarzenegger" - people then can go out there and do "Terminator Arnold Schwarzenegger" or "Commando Arnold Schwarzenegger" or even "Running man Arnold Schwarzenegger".

That`s my idea anyway

# 19 06-11-2008 , 11:47 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Mirek:
yeah Doc Octopus from spidey 2 you mean, nice idea I will jot that one down for sure. Thanks

MarlonJohn: Thanks dude,
Yeah Bruce Willis is a good one but he was done for the show I worked on (Headcases) so I dont want to repeat that otherwise people who may be watching might get arsey. Great character to do though for sure.

Tweety:
Yeah Arnie is always a good one to do as well so I wiil do the same and keep him in mind.

I completely agree, tutes are fine but as long as you apply what you learned then great, half the battle is enjoying it so doing a model that appeals to the majority of users is always going to be a winner in helping them learn and hopefully want more

cheers for now
Jay

# 20 09-11-2008 , 02:08 AM
Okay well I've spoken to David as well and after some severe thought weve come up with somebody. I think people are gonna like it, he's big over here in the UK and has certainly made his presence felt in the US too, which is great, he's got plenty of character, looks and personality wise and you wouldnt want to mess him about.

Im not going to tell you who it is but hopefully it will be done and dusted with the next 2 to 3 weeks on the site ready for downloading.

thanks to you guys who came up with ideas, the good ones have been duely noted for another tute for another day.

cheers

Jay

# 21 09-11-2008 , 02:13 AM
Subscriber
who ever he is.., coming from you mate, the conscientious man you are and the imagination and depth you have.., the tut will be something completely different and something completely fun and informative.

sounds intriguing. user added image

# 22 09-11-2008 , 02:21 AM
Thanks Mirek

kind words much appreciated mate, I hope it works, Im busy sketching ideas now so....it will be as twisted as ever!

Jay

# 23 09-11-2008 , 03:23 AM
Subscriber
hey mate, its only the truth.., no sucking up from this boy (i think you know that).., user added image

you've made many a kind word for the gals and guys here yourself; a little respect goes a long way no?? user added image

cheers mate, user added image

# 24 09-11-2008 , 03:51 AM
ah gawsh thanks man, Im blushing LOL

yeah thanks man, I know where your'e coming from, cheers

Jay

# 25 09-11-2008 , 03:58 AM
Subscriber
Haha! i think i know who the character is, 6 letter first name?

Originally posted by Jay
Yeah Bruce Willis is a good one but he was done for the show I worked on (Headcases) so I dont want to repeat that otherwise people who may be watching might get arsey. Great character to do though for sure.

ahh yeah i just remembered, dam!

# 26 12-11-2008 , 08:50 AM
another sneaky peak at whats to come

user added image

# 27 15-11-2008 , 10:52 PM
Andanother small teaser of the engine being textured...which is done now.

Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 28 15-11-2008 , 10:54 PM
Cool Jay!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 29 16-11-2008 , 06:33 AM
Subscriber
very cool. looks like a lot of fun.

how did you get the 'Gaussian' from the view port?? looks like you have a slight filter on the image?? (just curious)

# 30 16-11-2008 , 02:51 PM
Mirek

Maybe its just the compression from the jpeg, the last image is a lo res render (640) as well so that certainly wont help LOL

Cheers
Jay