Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-02-2009 , 11:29 PM
Subscriber

Apology to the forum

I recently put up a thread saying I would not post again until I feel my work is portfolio ready, I would like to apologize to everyone who takes time out of their schedule to critique even though they don't have to. I just got frustrated because I am putting to much pressure on my self to get renders on my site I am building. I want to really get in this field bad and i felt slighted by the college that I went too because they taught everyone the basics and I spent a lot of money going to that school and I am not seeing any return. I would say everything I have learned is from tuts and research and practice.

I know by some of my recent work it might seem I am still at a beginners level, but I am really not, I am just not applying everything I know to each project and rushing things. I remember the Monroe character I did and I took a lot of time on it and everyone liked it, I had very little crits and everyone thought the character was cool. I think I got overconfident from that great review and reverted back to rushing because I thought I had arrived finally LOL!

I remember in school for a portfolio class the teacher wanting three complete scenes for show and tell if possible but if not one really good one was sufficient. My two buddies who sat next to me on both sides working each only finished one piece but I finished four, the difference was their one piece was so much better than my four because they spent the whole 15 weeks on it. 1 month modeling, 1 month texturing and 1 month lighting. At show and tell I was embarrassed because I knew I could of done the same thing and I can only imagine how their work is now. So I will put a lot of time and effort into every piece for now on.

Thanks everyone for your help and see you in WIP LOL!

# 2 25-02-2009 , 01:17 AM
The Nurb Herd
No need to apologise!

Have you been looking to get into the industry for a while? I too am looking for my first 3D gig. right now i'm working as a runner which i think is a good way to get into the industry and you can learn stuff as you go.
I am allowed to use the computers at work in my free time and the people i sit with have loads of experience which helps me out.

# 3 15-03-2009 , 11:20 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
this is the one thing i have learnt from maya is that persistant pays there are great tutors here in the form of steve, jay,gio and genny those are the basic gods/godesses of the fundamentals of maya i have learnt so much from this website its a shame its not recognisable as the likes of cg society coz all noobs get from those sites is arrogance.
so be easy and let the masters guide you where your codriver9(maya f1) couldnt and be all you can be