Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-03-2009 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber

happy st. patricks day

Just wanted to say happy st. patricks day, although my irish heritage is orange irish I still like to celebrate this day for one, it's irish I'm irish (not full irish unfortunately) and I love anything irish, and for two I love guinness so cheers to any/all irish people here and cheers to anyone drinking today, be safe and be smart. can't forget about the irish music to!

# 2 17-03-2009 , 10:27 PM
The Nurb Herd
i'm scottish and i for one think americans are funny when it comes to the irish.... or scottish for that matter!
user added image

# 3 17-03-2009 , 10:38 PM

Originally posted by hammer.horror
i'm scottish and i for one think americans are funny when it comes to the irish.... or scottish for that matter!
user added image

tell me about it. they go around telling everyone they're irish-american. so annoying. imagine going to ireland and telling people you're irish-american. no you're not. you're american. now **** off.

and today is the worst day. everyone dressed in green and being a pain celebrating stupid stereotypes and getting in the way.

bah!!

ha ha! enjoy your day. user added image

user added image user added image user added image

# 4 17-03-2009 , 10:40 PM
The Nurb Herd
just did a little reading on Saint P.
this made me wet myself...

Pious legend credits Patrick with banishing snakes from the island, though all evidence suggests that post-glacial Ireland never had snakes

hahaha

and this

When he was about 16 he was captured by Irish raiders and taken from his native Wales as a slave to Ireland, where he lived for six years before escaping and returning to his family.

HAHAHA he's not even Irish!

# 5 17-03-2009 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
sorry didn't know there was a hatred for st. patricks day... I don't claim to be irish american I just enjoy my irish heritage and a lot of irish culture, and one day will get a chance to visit ireland, so beautiful out that way (from what I've seen anyway).... I'm also scottish and italian, and feel the same way about them... not proud to be an american but unfortunately thats the way I was born. I had no control over that.

# 6 17-03-2009 , 11:37 PM
pay no attention to me rhetoric camel - i'm just being a curmudgeon. user added image

# 7 17-03-2009 , 11:42 PM
Subscriber
Its Guiness Time!!! Gotta Love St Paddys Day. user added image

Hope everyone has plenty to drink and has/had a fun filled day.

# 8 18-03-2009 , 12:31 AM
Subscriber
i've always wondered what this day is about... i still do... i hope that never changes so i can keep saying 'i dont know what this day is about'

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 9 18-03-2009 , 12:41 AM
Subscriber
Chirone I'm going to ruin it for you, if you click the link anyway, https://www.history.com/content/stpat...of-the-holiday

and info on the Irish flag and what exactly is ment when someone is green irish or orange irish (according to my grandpas family tree, my family comes from northern, orange, ireland) https://www.infoplease.com/spot/irishflag1.html I included this link only because the people I know have no idea what I'm talking about or think I'm making it up or something.

Anyway, again happy St. Patricks day, I'm off to finish my 6 pack with my girlfriend and watch a movie. Too bad I have to work tomorrow or that 6 pack would have been a helluvalot-more-pack user added image user added image user added image

Last edited by Rhetoric Camel; 18-03-2009 at 12:43 AM.
# 10 18-03-2009 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber
lucky for me then you didn't post the whole page you linked to :p

i may or may not look at one or both or none of those links later when i get home

user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 11 18-03-2009 , 09:58 AM
deleted

Last edited by gubar; 18-03-2009 at 10:16 AM.
# 12 18-03-2009 , 10:32 AM
The Nurb Herd
Woah! dude if you do ever go to Ireland... do not go around telling people you are orange, for your own good! user added image

Last edited by honestdom; 18-03-2009 at 10:35 AM.
# 13 18-03-2009 , 11:24 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by hammer.horror
Woah! dude if you do ever go to Ireland... do not go around telling people you are orange, for your own good! user added image

I know I didn't plan on it, thanks for warning anyway though, haha

# 14 22-03-2009 , 04:43 PM
Lifetime Member
The only reason anybody from England / Ireland / Scotland / Wales like these holidays / saints days is to get out into the pub and have a few pints and get arsy about the neighbours!!!

Heah! Off to have a cider! (Don't like Guinness, sorry!) user added image

(PS: When I lived in South Africa it was no different, must be something in the beer...I mean water!) user added image

-Jacques

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2