Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-03-2009 , 05:14 PM

Weird Inspirations

I'm just wondering if anyone's ever been doing something unusual, or been in an odd predicament and it's sparked some creativeness off that has led onto a scene in maya, or an Art piece etc that may not have come to be if not for that situation? It could be anything, a dream of flying with pink buffalo that led to a nature scene with winged horses riding mutated cavewomen bareback down a mountain, or being in a car crash that led to a model of a uber speedbump with an electro field, anything at all! Just interested how the creative minds out there work and if mines as weird as I'm always told....

# 2 01-04-2009 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber
For a lot of the artist i know its drugs.
In my opinion if your not creative enough to come up with ideas sober you shouldn't bother.
Personally for me i get inspired when playing guitar or listing to music. People say i get into a trance but i just think a lot. listening to music as well is a good way. Brings out emotions and feelings.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 3 01-04-2009 , 08:18 AM
Subscriber
my eye character is inspired by kirby, and i've only seen kirby in smash brothers which i've only played once
but don't get me wrong, black part isn't meant to be a wide mouth.... it was also meant to have been made about 7 years ago, but without the tools i couldn't make a move

most of my inspiration comes from me hating common things and abstraction and my undevotion to anything.

Dango... i'm sorry to break it to you.. but... you are weird... everyone is weird except me user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 01-04-2009 , 04:09 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by Chirone
my eye character is inspired by kirby, and i've only seen kirby in smash brothers which i've only played once
but don't get me wrong, black part isn't meant to be a wide mouth.... it was also meant to have been made about 7 years ago, but without the tools i couldn't make a move

most of my inspiration comes from me hating common things and abstraction and my undevotion to anything.

Dango... i'm sorry to break it to you.. but... you are weird... everyone is weird except me user added image

great source of inspiration kirby user added image

# 5 02-04-2009 , 04:56 AM
Artists and their drugs... :p

Why can't you lot be inspired normal stuff? :p

I get a lot of my inspiration from mythology and from staring at clouds and stars... OK, why are you looking at me like that? :p

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 6 02-04-2009 , 06:46 AM
Subscriber
*coughoverexcessiveuseofpokeytoungefacecough*

I was just thinking how its interesting the way our inspirations change. I found a bunch of old drawings that where all of mountains and oceans and lovely things, then i look at my recent ones... I'm not sure what my point is exactly but i found it interesting.

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 02-04-2009 , 07:12 AM
The more the merrier! :p

Oops, there it is again!

Hmm... it would seem that the two drawings have a common motif: the Sun. In the second drawing, the Sun is personified with rays coming out of it. What do the rays mean?

What? There's no deeply-thinking emoticon?

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 8 02-04-2009 , 08:43 AM
Subscriber
inspiration by normal things leads to common things coming out from you

drugs seem to be normal too...

the architect brings up something that's true i guess... there's always something between your past and present works that will have something similar... unless you're comparing stuff from when you were 7... in which case unless you were a genius there might not be any relation between your stuff

what a shame there isn't no deep-in-thought emoticon...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 9 02-04-2009 , 08:53 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Chirone
there's always something between your past and present works that will have something similar... unless you're comparing stuff from when you were 7...

Funnily enough that was a comparison to a drawing i did when i was 9

I don't think the sun is anything i deliberately do in that way.
I doubt ill ever know unless i get analyzed by a therapist.