Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-06-2009 , 08:52 AM

zbrush texturing question

Hi,

looking for some help from a zbrush user.

When I polypaint and then convert this to a texture, the texture itself comes out with distortion and areas of strething. You can see it happen as soon as I convert it.

The uvs are laid out pretty well - and I thought that one of the advantages of doind this in zbrush was that it would avoid distortion?

I should add, I'm not talking about lack of detail due to polycount or anything - it's actually like areas are distorting, as if you had made a map and then moved the uvs around.

cheers

gubar

# 2 18-06-2009 , 09:09 AM
can we see a screen ?

# 3 18-06-2009 , 09:11 AM
Hi,

I will get some screen grabs later on when I'm working on it,

cheers

gubar

# 4 18-06-2009 , 09:22 AM
You dont get any distortion on the actual model as far as i'm aware there stretched as the UV's change even though its laid out quite well it will never be 100%

What I like to do is to not UV at all, sculpt the model than take the levle 1 out and UV that and swap it over using a morph, that was any small changes in hte UV/vertex postition that may occour when sculpting are taken into acount, this may be your problem if if its a heavily sculpted mesh

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 18-06-2009 , 11:54 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Make sure the model is at its highest res before creating the color texture. It works the opposite from Normal and Dis map creation

Also make sure your texture res is hi enough too

J