Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-06-2009 , 07:31 AM
Subscriber

Chirone - Super Villain Challenge - White Winged Illusionist

There are entities born that represent a large abstraction of human thought. They are nameless but not without title. Their titles represent a dominant attitude or thought of the abstractions they represent. These entities are human shaped and born with feathered wings. The colour and shape of the wings are influence the same way their title is. These wings are visible only when the entity wishes to use their power or want others to see.

If one is to force their beliefs onto other their wings become deformed and no longer feathered. In some cases they may change to the wings of an insect or a mammal, other cases the feathers dry up and become leaf-like.

The White Winged Illusionist (Illusionist) was born with white feathered wings. Through his existence many people who have seen his wings have foolishly mistaken him for an "angel". The Illusionist would give into such misconception and enjoyed the praise. At some point an event from way back in the past revealed itself to him. This event undermined a lot of beliefs that people held and threatened the enjoyment that the Illusionist so loved.

Many people believe light brings positive things such as hope and warmth. What people don't realise is that what we see is light reflected off objects. Light can be distorted showing something that does not exist or is not true (think of refraction). Light brings with it what something we call illusions.

To cover up the undermining event in an attempt to preserve people's ignorance, the Illusionist use the power of light to create illusions covering up the truth and anything that could lead to it. Having white wings he has the ability to access every colour making his illusions convincing to anyone.

The greatest illusion of all is propaganda. By mixing people around and having them conflict it is possible to have the truth exist, except no one will know what it is when all the lies make sense or when people are too stubborn to see how fallacious what they believe is.

What is the White Winged Illusionist covering up?

by beliefs i mean beliefs. I'm not limited to religous views, it extends through that and everything else. Even the things you would never think to call a belief (or so it seems judging from peoples reactions i get when i say certain things).

and yeah i know what he's covering up, and i was going to write it, because it seemed to fit in so easy at some point in that background story. user added image
but i'm not sure if i should keep it a secret, so it'll remain known to me and the other person i've told.

no pictures yet, i've been meaning to make this guy and the 8 other winged entities since about last year sometime... and hopefully this competition will get me to complete at least one of them...

also, if i have time i might get both costumes done for him...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 20-06-2009 , 09:09 PM
Super Moderator
That's pretty good, this story can get its tendrils into pretty much anything we've come to know so you can do a lot with it.

- Genny
# 3 21-06-2009 , 07:41 AM
Subscriber
That was a very imaginitive writeup Chrione!

I can almost imagine the Illisuonist standing in the middle your scene one half showing what he wants you to see the other showing 'reality' but not really knowing which side is which.

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 4 23-06-2009 , 04:53 AM
Nice backstory Mr Crapple,
Well written, with a nice sense of feeling about it, hope you get some modeling done soon, I'll look forward to seeing some progress!

Last edited by Dango77; 23-06-2009 at 04:56 AM.
# 5 24-06-2009 , 09:46 AM
Subscriber
Gect, CGWolfgang, it's good to know you guys understand what i've done

Dangle, here's some progress!!!

the best way to hide something is to put it right in front of someone

also, i forgot to mention that those who made a historical event worth remembering are not only given a title but also a name. (think of it like being knighted, or being famous and being called by your first name rather than your last)

concept art
got this costume idea after looking for pictures of bishops
it seemed too plain and ordinary, so i thought of some kind of symbol to represent him... which one do you guys think is good? (they might all suck to you guys but surely one of them is slightly better than the others >.> )
the staff on the right is the one he'll probably have. the funky twisting strands at the top will be thicker.. i just couldn't draw thickness..
https://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._5198017_n.jpg

started on teh model
https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._5947429_n.jpg

some of you may remember almost a year ago (when i started to properly become active on these forums) there was a small 3 way battle between Joopson, Mayaniac, and me, where only i did something...
https://srv01.simply3dworld.com/showt...threadid=30327

https://srv01.simply3dworld.com/showt...threadid=30345
this was my first attempt at a humanoid model and he is also the main protagonist of this story
completed in a week and totally not to satisfactory standards i been meaning to remodel him ever since...

the Illusionist is my 2nd/3rd attempt a humanoid (also doing an angel for a friend parallel to this)

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 6 24-06-2009 , 04:26 PM
EduSciVis-er
Looking great so far. I personally like the central one of the five symbol things (the swirly one) user added image

# 7 24-06-2009 , 06:49 PM
The Nurb Herd
hehe... it looks like his feet are on the wrong legs user added image

# 8 25-06-2009 , 12:04 AM
I agree with Stwert about the middle symbol, definitely the best of the five in my opinion.

And has he stolen the wings of a fighter jet?....lol!

Only kidding Big Mac!

# 9 25-06-2009 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
stwert, yeah i think the middle one looks the least like something it isn't
i think i will focus on that idea and draw up some more

hammer, yeah, i think you're right! i never noticed that until you saud it :p

rice flour, no he hasnt stolen the wings of a fighter jet, i just put those shapes there to see what he would look like if he had wings