Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-12-2009 , 06:41 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Cant select anything

So I am working on an animation and when I select a joint it it wont show any manipulator tool, and it shows I have the object selected in the attribute editor but it doesnt change colors when I click on the object its self, almost like it wasnt selecting it but it even allows me to focus on the "selected" area.

Any ideas?

# 2 26-12-2009 , 07:34 AM
Ok so i narrowed it down, i can do everything fine except in the persp. view, if i select something in the side view i can move it and see its selected but still a no go in presp.

Any ideas?

# 3 26-12-2009 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
Sounds like a graphics card issue, what card do you have, is it one of Autodesks recommended ones?

You could always try to see if there are any driver updates.

Cheers,
Chris

# 4 27-12-2009 , 06:09 AM
Its a Radeon Xpress 200m, it was working fine and then it messed up on one view, not sure if i hit a hot key or something, and then now its not working on another window.

Posting pic to show whats going on hopefully that will help.

Last edited by Ozgalis; 27-12-2009 at 07:28 AM.
# 5 27-12-2009 , 07:29 AM
Screeney, as you can see both of the views on the left side show I have selected the elbow, but the right side just wont show anything i select

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 27-12-2009 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber
go in to your show menu for each of those windows that don't show anything , my guess is you have selection highlighting turned off, as well as manipulators and other things, turn them back on.

# 7 28-12-2009 , 06:33 AM
I belive that i have them checked to show, will check and repost when i get a chance