Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-03-2010 , 06:26 AM

River of information

Hi
i have a bit of a problem. I have to make a river of information
were some data will travel like files as word document and random items that are going to the trash can.

So my question is how do i make a river or something like that so it looks like a place were some trash information is on the way to be deleted?
If you have tips or something to help me out i would be happy for all advice and tips you can give me.

# 2 04-03-2010 , 06:53 AM
Subscriber
the simplest way woudl be to me,
use a geometry instancer to a directional emitter, HAve it emit in the direction you want,
make the pages or what ever you want to have flowing as separate pieces of geometry.
instance them to the emitter.
add a pp attribute for rotation with a creation expression
particalshape1.vectorpp=rand
or something like that
( its easier to write this stuff when looking at maya)

add a turbulence field to it if you want it to flow more naturally and not just strait on.

could also make the particle object a active rigid body, and mold some form of poly or nurbs plane to what ever shape you wise to be the flow of the 'river' make it a passive ridgid body, place it in the path of the instanced geometry hit the play button and let maya do the calculations. set the friction value to 0 on the passive body. and make the bounciness level on the active object low, something like .2 or so.

Just some ideas, you can play around with.

other then that, you might be better off actually with Flash or some form of application like that that you can use to interpolate between two different 2d images.

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 3 04-03-2010 , 09:24 AM
thanks
i will see what i can do

# 4 08-03-2010 , 06:47 PM
Hi
Do you have some tips for me or tutorials
because i'm not so experienst so i'm not sure how to start. So if you know were i can get some help that would be great.