Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 19-04-2010 , 02:49 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

UNDO MESH SMOOTH

HI all i know this question is asked alteast once a month but for the life of me i cant remember how. I applied mesh smooth to my objects and i want to get back to my low poly model for better uv mapping how can i do this

# 2 19-04-2010 , 03:06 PM
Lifetime Member
select the mesh and in the channel box set the smooth to level 0 . If by some chance you have deleted the history then im sorry you cant undo the smooth .

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 19-04-2010 , 05:01 PM
if no history then try checking out the reduce tool

"polygon"
->Mesh->Reduce

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward
# 4 20-04-2010 , 01:28 AM
Lifetime Member
I have old version but I use 'alt ~' instead of smoothing for a quick preview. Then just convert back to poly or CTRL Z.

agree with jsprogg, Ive been caught like that too!!!

reduce doesnt give good results Lion, depending on the complexity of the mesh. I tried it after doing what jsprogg mentioned and it turned to s**t, was a real pain.

Ive been caught with the quick smooth preview too, by accidently saving my work, same problem then, you are stuck with it.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes