Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-07-2012 , 04:53 PM

Model exploded?

I log on to Maya this morning to find that something horrible has happened to my model.
user added image

It wasn't like this when I saved it last night, and for some reason it only effected the middle piece, not the hand or head. Could this have something to do with the reflection tool that I was using on this piece?

# 2 09-07-2012 , 05:23 PM
The thin red line
Could you go to wire mode and get a bit closer to the body............dave

# 3 09-07-2012 , 06:16 PM
user added image
user added image

The weird thing, is that I saved it last night and it was fine, and even if I go back to my much older saves, the torso is still really messed up.

Last edited by GforGannon; 09-07-2012 at 06:21 PM.
# 4 09-07-2012 , 06:57 PM
The thin red line
Looks like some form of cruption but you say its happens to older scene files as well, have you had a systems crash or update graphic driver in the last few days?............dave

# 5 09-07-2012 , 07:09 PM
Actually no neither. And here's a picture from a much older save file user added image

I wouldn't mind too much if I had to fabricating it again, but i'm worried that it might happen all over again. Especially if it effects all previous saves.