Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 02-01-2011 , 02:54 PM
Subscriber
His a bit of an update. I am struggling hard on the ears, i just cant get them right after 5 different tries.

Here is one which i am half as satisfied with. user added image

Give me some crits with what looks wrong, and what you think of topology user added image

Last edited by marlonjohn; 04-07-2011 at 03:44 PM.
# 17 11-01-2011 , 07:52 AM
Subscriber
Did a small bit of tweaking on the ears today and finished them off. Stitched it up to the head which was a challenge for me. Here is where it stands at the moment... Did a 360'degree render user added image

WIP Female_head 01 on Vimeo

# 18 11-01-2011 , 09:21 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I think the sides of the forehead need some fattening up a bit and the cheeks still feel a little on the narrow side going down to the chin, needs a little plumping up I think.

Get the soft mod tool and be brutal - pull it about until it looks right, then you can just tidy it up after, thats usually how I do it if something doesnt work for me, just go extreme....

cheers
Jay

# 19 13-01-2011 , 08:44 AM
Hmm nice job. Sorry that I do not know as user added image