Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-12-2010 , 06:07 AM

Digital Portrait

Hello all,

I made this digital portrait about 8-9 months back when i was learning photoshop. It took almost 15 days to complete.

Every face part is made in different layers. The eyes itself was almost 2 days of work for me.

The portait is of a girl named Sharbat Gula from Afghanisation . The original photograph which i used as reference was taken By Steve McCurry and is considered among the top best pictures in the world. I would recommend users interested in photography to visit his website. www.stevemccurry.com.

I made this portrait initially in black and white and then added color using color mode in layers. I am posting both the pics.

This picture was also selected for a digital portrait exhibition here in Bombay.

Note: Some people must have already seen this pic in other thread but as per Nilla (admin) i sould post it in finished work so here it is.

Regards

Mahesh

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-12-2010 , 08:19 AM
Administrator
Thank you Mahesh for sharing your beautiful work, I've moved it to the gallery. I didn't see the color image before, it looks great as well the eyes and the color variation in there works. I think you captured the same thing in a digital drawing as what was in the original photograph which makes it special so well done from meuser added image

Nilla

# 3 15-12-2010 , 12:10 PM
Subscriber
Looks great, love the black and white. I'm just doing a course on digital drawing and it's not easy lots of technique involved here. Good stuff mate.

# 4 15-12-2010 , 12:46 PM
Thanks Nilla and Brian.

# 5 16-12-2010 , 02:45 AM
Lifetime Member
mahesh,

they are pearlers mate..the colour is amazing but the B&W does it for me!!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 16-12-2010 , 03:47 PM
Thanks Anthony aka bullet user added image

# 7 16-12-2010 , 11:18 PM
Very nice work I remember seeing that picture on the cover of Time as I recall. Once again very nice work. I too favor the B&W over the color.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675