Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-03-2011 , 08:24 AM

Training Books

Hi guys,

Doing some training and currently using a book called "Introducing Maya 2011" by SYBEX is this a good book to start with? I want to focus on Animation, rigging and lighting at the end of the day.

# 2 21-03-2011 , 01:49 PM
Sybex does not have the best reputation although they produce a ubiquitous amount of books on every conceivable topic.

For the money you cannot beat video training. With Maya it's not so much getting a item by item description of what is in all the menus as much as learning the proper work flow. I find books to be a good reference but not my first choice for learning. Even when they have projects it's much harder to get the work flow down than from a video.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675