SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

Home / forum / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Extruding on 2 axis of a curve
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Thread

Old 29-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Overbound

Default Extruding on 2 axis of a curve

Hopefully I explain this correctly my terminology isn't the best. Basically given the picture I want to extrude this track along this curve but only on the x, y axis and not the z axis. In other words, I want a curved wall for the length of my track.

Right now every time I extrude I can some very strange shapes. The best I can mange to get is for it all the geometry to come to a single point at the top of the curve, and thats only when I have 1 division which isn't much of a curve. I'm working with polygons and using maya 2011. If this can't be done using an extrude on a curve perhaps someone has another suggestion as to the best way to make a wall for the length of the track. The only catch is the wall needs to slope up almost like a half pipe.

Last edited by Overbound : 29-03-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Understand better
Overbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
daverave
The thin red line

Make a copy of the bottom part move it up to there you want the new part to end then combine then use the bridge with curve to got you shape...........dave

daverave is offline   Reply With Quote
New Thread