Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-04-2011 , 10:54 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Learning OpenGL (ES)

I want to learn OpenGL (ES specifically). I've used OpenGL a bit in the past (really only a bit though), but only the fixed pipeline. Do you know of any good resources for learning to use OpenGL ES and should I learn the fixed pipeline approach first and then the programmable one or skip the fixed pipeline approach (since people say the programmable pipeline is the way forward)?

# 2 28-04-2011 , 03:54 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 04-05-2011 , 01:40 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

A quick Google search gave me this: https://iphonedevelopment.blogspot.co...-table-of.html

I've only used normal OpenGL, so I don't know much about ES. Sorry.

Thanks for the link. At one point I was following that blog as he posted his book about openGL ES but he gave up on it about 4 chapters in.

# 4 11-05-2011 , 12:50 AM
Subscriber
There is (well there was last year) very few learning resources for OpenGLES 2.0
but i did find a book called OpenGL ES 2.0 Programming Guide by Aaftab Munshi, Dan Ginsburg and Dave Shreiner.

i remember i learnt a little bit of it, but i couldn't retain the knowledge due to projects just being cancelled.

I would pass on my knowledge of opengles 1 and 2 to you but i'd have to find it in my brain first.

going straight to 2.0 is probably a good idea.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D