Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 29-01-2003 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Hidalgo for responding user added image. Thanks for the comment too. Im working on this currently, I will hopefully have some poses with this guy by tommorow, or tonight.. actually, make that tonight. :banana:

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 17 30-01-2003 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber
and thats newbie work well done m8 .. i am still on maya fundamentals book .. i

P4 3.2 ATI 9800xt 256. 1gb ram 19"lcd ..
# 18 30-01-2003 , 01:38 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Killerbee user added image, how are you liking the fundamentals book? Any good? Anyways what I wanted to show people is the little bit of darkness around the eye that i added to give it a more evil look. I did this with UV mapping then took a snapshot and painted in PS user added image. Nothing major, dont know if you could of done this another way, but it worked.

# 19 30-01-2003 , 02:44 AM
I love it..... great work bud!!!!

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 20 30-01-2003 , 04:34 AM
Subscriber
user added image thanks a lot kurt! I have been playing around with the legs abit and i think its too, well i dont know.. i will work it out later. but it just doesnt seem right (the small bricks around the leg braces.) Well heres my newest image at the moment, its 8:30 pm here so i am going to take a bit of a break from this and come back and start on the arms user added image. Once i have the arms i can put him into some cool poses (at the end). The brown is still temporary and the gold probably will change, seeings its not too realistic. It was a slight change from my original design, is this ok?

# 21 30-01-2003 , 06:17 AM
Subscriber
goin nicely user added image
you model the bricks on the body or is it a texture ?

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 22 30-01-2003 , 06:47 AM
Subscriber
lol, yea i wish it was that easy.. but no i dont know that much yet.. i just extruded a lot and did lots of poly splits!! Thanks mumbojumbo user added image. I am currently learning more about texturing and lighting so that the rendered image will come out nicer user added image

# 23 30-01-2003 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber
Ok, well I am running off of a router and that thing crashed last night so I couldnt keep you up to date. I also couldnt work on it too much more because I had questions that were stopping me. Here is a rough image of the golem with half of his arms user added image. Hes going to have big hands user added image.

https://64.180.100.76/public/personal/golem/golem11.jpg

Last edited by M; 30-01-2003 at 07:57 PM.
# 24 31-01-2003 , 04:41 AM
Subscriber
Mean looking dude, I wouldn't like to get into an argument with him.user added image

# 25 31-01-2003 , 06:13 AM
Subscriber
Heheh, me either garry user added image. I think he would swipe off my head, lol. Anyways, blocky hands for me are not easy to model, they dont cooperate and vertex's go alll over the place when you try to apply bend modifiers. I tried to clear it up and heres a shot of his hand, which has multiple colors on it at the moment after needing those to select faces. lol this is what has taken me almost all day. Now i will attatch it and add details on the golem until its finished for my level user added image.

# 26 31-01-2003 , 07:15 AM
Subscriber
Man, your character's ROCK! user added image
It's nice user added image

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 27 31-01-2003 , 08:23 AM
Subscriber
Wow, thanks a lot el_newty! Everyone on here is so nice, user added image. Heh, I have been going all at this model seeing i have some "free time" and well... Basically i have A LOT of time on my hands, so i have tried to make my golem user added image. Just, I have started to get pains in my neck so i have to tone down the work (from 16 hours a day to 10 user added image). Lol, well anyways.. thanks el_newty... also i heard romania is the place to be, friend moved from there to canada.. says its da_bomb! Hopefully i willl have a update tonight or tommorow morning of the arms attatched to the body user added image.

# 28 31-01-2003 , 09:49 AM
Subscriber
Ok, heres my newest update. Both of the arms are positioned (one is attatched), and I know i still have to do tweaking to the palms of the hands, user added image. Its time for me to hit the sack seeing its 2 here user added image. Ok, tommorow i will be attatching the other arm, tweaking this ALOT, and possibly adding the textures.

# 29 31-01-2003 , 09:53 AM
Subscriber
cool! I like it's overall 'stoney' shape. It rocks ( :p excuse the pun)

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 30 31-01-2003 , 12:05 PM
Subscriber
yeh im with ya Jb he is tha man user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.