Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 15-02-2013 , 09:40 PM

Multiple Lamberts

So, I've created a few characters that all have the base Lambert1 material and thus use its skin. But when I Import them all into one scene, they all have the same skin.(Used an image file for skin) What ever character I put in first is the lambert that they all use. (Lambert1) This being said, When i try to change the material the other characters are made of, I go to select them and change the material but only the head changes.
When in wire frame only the head is in white(can select), while the rest is a pink purple color that i cant select.
Help would be greatly appreciated.

user added image

Last edited by Fuzzy Meck; 15-02-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: *added pic
# 2 15-02-2013 , 09:51 PM
The thin red line
Not a good idear to use the default lambert create another lambert then change the name to say the characters name, character name Sam name the lambert "SamSkinLamb1" same for the mesh but put mesh not lamb...............dave

# 3 15-02-2013 , 10:32 PM
I tried that but when I go to apply the new Lambert it only changes the head, not the body. Thats the part im stuck on is being able to even select the body to change it, thus the pinkish wireframe pic. How do i select that to put a new mesh on it even?

# 4 16-02-2013 , 10:02 AM
The thin red line
You are renaming them before you import them..............dave

# 5 18-02-2013 , 04:33 PM
Renaming the whole file or just lambert? (I promise I'm not trying to be difficult or rude) Renaming the whole file I did from the start, but lambert1 cannot be renamed apparently =/
The charaters are using NURBS to keep the limbs all together so they dont stretch weird, when I go to select it only lets me selects the lines not the body is the biggest issue im having.

Last edited by Fuzzy Meck; 18-02-2013 at 04:38 PM.
# 6 18-02-2013 , 06:29 PM
The thin red line
Just the lamber, im not a nurbs user so do not know what the reason for that is...........dave

# 7 18-02-2013 , 10:14 PM
Oh, ok gotcha. Thank you so much user added image