Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-06-2011 , 10:42 AM
Lifetime Member

MR shadows over ride shader

Ok this has had me stumped all day. It was all working fine, then I went to lunch and did another render...and not only did the shadows over ride the colour nodes it turned them to the highest blinn brightness I could imagine. Now I have deleted all the nodes bar a base colour and IF I have 'Use Raytrace Shdows' on with ANY raytrace depth...it gives me the 2 tone effect. Of course I want shadows so if I turn this down to zero...sweet...but no shadows..WTF?? This has never happened to me before...yes I am a novice and yes I have read some in the short time I have had...any takers? I have done a reboot of the lappy etc etc

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 25-06-2011 , 11:35 PM
The Nurb Herd
are you using sss with a blinn? what kind of shader is it and does it happen if you use the default material?

# 3 26-06-2011 , 01:40 AM
Lifetime Member
NO dom Im not...just ramp shaders connected to the colour blinn node. I have just put the default and then a standard blinn onto it...no probs....my one of my ramps might be doing it but I deleted the connections one by one yesterday and it made no difference...hmmmmm

Well that was strange dom...I duplicated the network, deleted the old one and applied the new...works fine...bloody thing...thanks though mate

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 26-06-2011 at 01:49 AM.