Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 27-07-2011 , 02:37 AM

Particle Painting on Live Surface

I'm working on a logo. What I did was create text, make it live, then paint on the text with Particle Tool.

I did it previously, but after doing some animation, I needed to add some more. However, I'm getting a weird thing where it only paints on the vertex of the D, but it's fine for the rest of the letters. I tried to resize the particle tool, but that doesn't work. I did restart Maya, same thing. It's annoying because now I cannot get in between the vertexes. I'm not pressing down any letters. Anyone know the issue?

user added image

Secondly, I did a search, but it seems a little confusing, and many are older threads, and I don't know if its possible for Maya 2011.

Since I have a particle system, and now have to add more particles to the surface, thus I'm getting two particle systems. Is there a way I can combine the two systems together? How about going back on the first one, and edit it by adding more particles?

https://deannabono.blogspot.com - My Portfolio Progress. Take a gander. Enjoy!
# 2 27-07-2011 , 04:28 AM
Lifetime Member
Have you tried the outliner to obtain the particle highlight (edit) then to the attribute editor mate?? I find it easier to go to the outliner quite a bit to select difficult or congested areas...if that was of any help?

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes