Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-11-2011 , 10:29 PM

interesting dynamics tutorial....

I found this at lesterbanks.com. It is an interesting tutorial on how to simulate fluids in a glass without using maya fluids. This is only part one and took me a lot of stopping and replaying to get to the point where he stops but I am finding it an interesting process and wanted to share it....

only part 1 / 4 so far...

StartVFXPro.com — Fluid Level Animation Tutorial. Part 1/4 on Vimeo

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 2 18-11-2011 , 08:08 AM
That is a nice way of doing that! Nice find.

You prabably would not want to use fluids for a fluid (liquid interacting with air) anyway, it's not made for that, more single fluid interactions (gas, gas interactions such as smoke and air or ink in water).

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 18-11-2011 , 11:34 PM
Lifetime Member
wow cool ct I will watch this one

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 19-11-2011 , 12:35 AM
The Russian accent really sells it too, as did the slide presentation part. It just has a real academic feel to it. haha

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675