Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-01-2012 , 12:11 AM

Modelling a map w bevel - newbie questions

Hi, relatively new to 3D modelling in general and am currently working on a 3D map of sorts. I started by drawing an outline in AI of a map, then i made a AI object with bevel in Maya for this, so far so good. However i have a few issues with this technique:

1. It didn't add anything in the middle! All i have is a gargantuantly big face for the map itself. I need to create topography and such but i have no idea how i am to make edges inside this huge thing as i drew it with rivers and everything straight of the bat, any ideas?

Ideally i would like to duplicate the edge that i have, scale it down and then i can start extruding topography but duplicating an edge doesnt seem to work. Neither does insert edge loop, it only goes on the sides.

How it currently looks: https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/mapuq.jpg/

2. What would be the best way to bend this huge thing? It's supposed to be on the inside of a sphere hence i need to bend this somehow. Huge soft select and simply move pieces of it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.