Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 10-12-2011 , 06:23 AM
Subscriber
looks like you're putting quite some detail into this

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 17 10-12-2011 , 07:58 AM
Lifetime Member
Lol yeah well I am trying this will be my first competition here at SM user added image

- Jake
# 18 12-12-2011 , 12:10 AM
Lifetime Member

ASTROBOY!!! :)

Here is a quick preview of one of my favorite robots Astroboy. I hope I have enough time to finish my idea for my scene.

Attached Thumbnails

- Jake
# 19 12-12-2011 , 04:37 PM
Lifetime Member
oops Oh I just realized I am still missing my hands in this scene user added image

- Jake
# 20 12-12-2011 , 08:02 PM
Subscriber
astro boy huh? looks a little scary right now

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 21 12-12-2011 , 09:25 PM
Lifetime Member
Yeah I think his face and eyes are wrong

- Jake
# 22 13-12-2011 , 05:01 AM
Lifetime Member
nice job. I love how you had a detailed interior, too.

# 23 13-12-2011 , 06:48 PM
Lifetime Member
Thx user added image I thought that would be cool problem is posing it.

- Jake
# 24 13-12-2011 , 07:33 PM
Nice progress. I love the astro boy movie and it's one of my son's favorites. A few things that are really noticeable to me are the shape of the eyes, location of the ears, thickness of the eyebrows and overall shape of the head.

The eyes are not rounded enough. Right now, they are very pinched in at the inside corners making him look somewhat asian. The ears are a bit too high. The top of the ears should almost be down to the bottom of the eyes. The eyebrows look pretty good but I think they might look better if you could make them a little thinner. As far as the overall shape of the head, it doesn't seem rounded enough, especially above the ears.

You've made some really awesome progress on the model so I'm sure making changes like this would NOT be easy at all. But if you do plan on adjusting anything, I hope this will help you out some.

I think your model is looking good has some good potential. Keep at it!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 25 13-12-2011 , 07:52 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks Perfecto I was hoping to get some feedback I too thought he was looking kinda Asian I will try to make some of those changes

- Jake
# 26 18-12-2011 , 12:40 AM
Lifetime Member
cool jove...how is that baby coming along??? yeh I think 'puff' the front of his face out a little...looks kinda flat...cool stuff mate

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 27 18-12-2011 , 04:15 AM
Subscriber
looking sharp, the critiques of the shapes have been said.

but another thing I see is the robot hand in relation to the "skin" hand aren't going to align when the hands are modeled, may want to check into that or keep it in mind.

It could just be the camera PoV.

nice work, keep it up

regards

# 28 20-12-2011 , 09:33 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks for all of the feedback I appreciate it user added image

You were all right the face needed quite a bit of work but I think it looks much better now. Let me know what you think. Also Ataraxy the hands where slightly off but I think I am going to be using a blaster on his other arm so I am not to worried about it.

The Baby is busy is getting a little hectic My wife is starting to do what google calls "Nesting" meaning I have thousands of chores around the house trying to fix things before the baby gets here so I hope I don't run out of time to get my scene done if so I will post whatever I do get done for my entry.

Anyways thanks for all the support

Attached Thumbnails

- Jake
# 29 20-12-2011 , 09:38 PM
Lifetime Member
I am having a hard time getting the right Anime look and I am having a hard time with making his eye look happy. I think he looks kinda sad but I suppose it is okay to be sad if half of your innards are exposed. user added image

- Jake
# 30 20-12-2011 , 09:38 PM
Subscriber
maybe you can remove the indent around his eye, it's making him look like an old man