Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-06-2012 , 12:40 PM
Subscriber

cant find transparency slider for shader in attribute editor (molecular movies tut))

hi all,

i cant find the transparency slider on my blinn shader, i've been going round and round for a while now,

i'm currently doing this tutorial from molecular movies: https://www.molecularmovies.com/img/p...sCapillary.pdf

It was going great until i get to the part where it says -

"select at the top the ‘VESSEL_shader1:blinn1’ from the available tabs. Increase the transparency value to 25% (using the horizontal slider)."

under the vessel_shader1:blinn1 i cant see any transparency slider, only a transparency threshold which cant be set at 25%...

im so stuck - its probably right in front of me - someone please help!

thanks
nicky

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-06-2012 , 01:09 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi Nicky

Hit the tab indicated by the arrow until you get to the tut_01_capillary_shader:VESSEL_blinn2 tab.
There you will the all the base material (VESSEL_blinn2) settings including the transparency slider.

Attached Thumbnails

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 3 24-06-2012 , 01:23 PM
Subscriber
thank you! i just reasoned that wasn't it because its called blinn 2, not blinn 1...dont i feel like a noob.