Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-09-2012 , 08:01 AM

Maya to Unity Animation Problems

I have a model head I animated in Maya that I wanted to import into Unity. I'm having a lot of trouble.

First off, only the teeth/gums are the only thing that import. They move, but the rest of the model, including the head and eyes, are simply gone even though they are completely there in Maya.

Second, I can't access the animation properties. I can't, for example go to Take001 and edit it, nor can I change any animation takes that I set afterwards. All the settings are greyed out. This is a problem I've had a lot lately, not just with this model. I tried this with a basic blockman model I made out of simple shapes and made a basic rigid bind skeleton to test this again. Not only did it not animate at all, I still can't edit those takes.

I've tried to work with these files both in FBX and MA formats, but nothing changed. Can somebody please help me?

Check out my Spark Comic Webcomic: https://sparkcomic.com