Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-10-2012 , 08:22 PM

First Maya Project, First Post

Hi, after completing an introductory tutorial for maya featuring a podracer, I decided to try and make one myself. So far I have modelled and textured the engines and I'm trying to set up jetstream with fluids.
Any tips on teaching myself maya? I'm really interested in becoming an animator. How long will it take me get good on my own?
Great forum btwuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-10-2012 , 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
The only I can offer is to stick with it and don't bite off more than you can chew or you'll burn yourself out. How long it takes to get good at it depends on time and dedication.

- Genny
# 3 22-10-2012 , 10:56 PM
The Nurb Herd
Hey,
Just a thought, but if you want to be an animator I'd just start getting into it. Looks like you have a basic understanding of modelling and texturing. Why bother learning fluids or anything else. Just get animating! user added image

# 4 23-10-2012 , 06:04 AM

Hey,
Just a thought, but if you want to be an animator I'd just start getting into it. Looks like you have a basic understanding of modelling and texturing. Why bother learning fluids or anything else. Just get animating! user added image

Thanks, I guess I just thought it would look a bit better with some simple jetsream when I do animate it. I won't waste too much time on that though.

# 5 23-10-2012 , 06:08 AM
Thanks Gect.user added image

# 6 26-02-2013 , 01:39 AM
Cool, i like it.

# 7 21-05-2013 , 01:14 PM
Wow great work for a firstuser added image