Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-12-2012 , 05:22 AM
Subscriber

Hotkeys for the Camera Sequencer ?

I am trying to find the Hotkeys for the Camera Sequencer. Simple play_toggle, skip_forward a shot, skip_backwards a shot, goto_begining of sequence, etc.
Can anyone advise to what these hotkeys are. I could make some but I think they should already be assigned.

Thanks in advance.

# 2 07-12-2012 , 11:15 AM
The thin red line

# 3 07-12-2012 , 10:20 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the link but the Camera Sequencer doesn't seem to respond to the normal Maya playback hotkeys.

I am starting to think that maybe none were created for the Maya Camera Sequencer, does anyone know ?

# 4 07-12-2012 , 11:45 PM
The thin red line
Take out the + key that is showing you what to use..............dave

# 5 08-12-2012 , 12:19 AM
Subscriber
I know that play for example is Alt V not Alt + V so I know not to include the + key.
It's just these commands do not apply to the camera sequencer. Try it on your machine, open up the camera sequencer create a few shots and try to play using Alt V or even jump from shot to shot. It would be interesting to see if it is my preferences or if it is a universal thing.

# 6 08-12-2012 , 12:45 AM
EduSciVis-er
I don't think they have hotkeys and I don't think you can add any. I ran through the hotkey editor fairly quickly and nothing seems to be showing up. If you really want hotkeys, you can check the output of the script editor and create some very simple scripts that are bound to custom hotkeys.

I don't know the true benefit of the camera sequencer, but I suspect that if you want fast and controlled editing, you would do that in AE or even better, Premiere.

# 7 08-12-2012 , 01:09 AM
Subscriber
I ended up having to map my own hotkeys. I guess Autodesk didn't assign any for the camera sequencer.
The Camera Sequencer is relatively new to Maya. It's a really fast way to block a sequence together without having to use AfterEffects or Premiere. It's kind of like Valves Film Maker software if your familiar with that.