Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 14-07-2013 , 11:19 PM
Lifetime Member

Image Plane Issue

Hi all, I'm trying to load image planes in Maya 2012 but I'm having a bit of trouble.

I open a new scene in Maya and do not move around in any cameras. Then I go to the front view menu and select View>Image Plane>Load Image... I select my front image (1798pix H x 1950pix W) and it imports into the view.

Then I go to the side view menu and select View>Image Plane>Load Image... I select my side image (1798pix H x 751pix W) and it imports into the view.

But.... they do not match up yet they are both the same height (in pixels)!

What am I missing? This doesn't usually happen.user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-07-2013 , 08:04 AM
Lifetime Member
Hmmmm dont know about image planes I create a plane then add a material...do it the old way...I do know though when I do that there is an option to keep aspect ratio or turn it off, I turn it off and it works fine.

Cheers Bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 15-07-2013 , 08:27 AM
Lifetime Member
Yeah, I had to use the planes with a material assigned as a work-around but I was hoping that there was a logical reason for why it was doing what it was.

I find image planes are faster to add to the scene so I prefer to use them when I can.

# 4 16-07-2013 , 09:35 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
I think I had this issue once, and to fix it I adjusted the camera settings. I will mess around with it tomorrow, I wont be home till late tonight.