Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-07-2013 , 02:56 PM

Graph editor issues

A bit of a shot in the dark here, but I want to see if this is a common issue / something anyone's come across before.

Using a rig from a client, I'm not able to effectively change tangents. Sometimes, when I try to toggle, it changes the shape in the graph editor, but the animation remains unaffected.

Some of my spline tangents produce stepped animation, and vice versa.

When I do toggle them, I'm given this error:

// Warning: Cycle on 'costume0Shape1.worldMesh[0]' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

My understanding is that this is a fairly common error which doesn't necessarily suggest a rig break, but it's hard to think it's not related.

It's a bit of an amorphous issue, so I'm hoping it's something someone's come across before - any advice is much appreciated.