Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-08-2013 , 11:10 PM

HumanIK Hip Effector broken

I've been doing some animation recently and setting up the animations for a game project recently. I was just about to start a walk animation when I noticed something very crippling. The Hip effector of my HumanIK, which I used to shift the weight of the character's hips, no longer works as it's supposed to. Instead of shifting the hips of my character it now for some reason rotates and moves the ENTIRE rig/mesh, as if it's a root joint. I checked my graph editor and while I see the lines of its animation in the frames before it, it seems to have mysteriously plateaued at a recent point. I can manipulate the individual points, all of the frames for the area of time I'm looking at seemed to be locked in a single line. No matter what I seem to do, using things such as the rotate tool make more than 1 axis move in the graph editor while it makes the entire mesh move along with it.

Thankfully, my previous keyframes for it are in tact, however that really screws me over now that I can't control the hips. In a walking animation, this is vital. I had done 3 animations with it prior to this and the hip effector was working fine at the time.

Has anyone ever encountered this? How can I get my hip control working again?

Check out my Spark Comic Webcomic: https://sparkcomic.com
# 2 20-08-2013 , 03:45 PM
Bump... Map.

Check out my Spark Comic Webcomic: https://sparkcomic.com