Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-11-2005 , 10:59 PM

Rendering to a tiff

I am new at rendering and am trying to get familiar with it. I wanted to save the compression quality so I wanted to save my render as a Tif image.

When I brought it into photoshop it looked like this!

It seems to have taken away a lot of the picture and I have no idea why. Any ideas?!

Attached Images
# 2 17-11-2005 , 11:29 PM
the tiff saves your transparency area, so the part that you can't see are actually "transparent" part in your model (which is usually black <- depend on ur maya background color setting).

if you don't want transparency, imho, you can expand ur base plane further so that it cover the whole screen, or you could place a new plane at the back (function like a wall).

# 3 18-11-2005 , 12:00 AM
transparency is usefull, when you want to merge / join image.
eg.
i created a "testing" object in maya, and save it with tiff format
i get a wallpaper from here
https://www.digitalblasphemy.com/dbga...roche2k4.shtml

and now i want to put my "testing" object up on the wallpaper.
so, i load the paintshop pro, make a rectangular selection then load the alpha channel, so i quickly get my shape. like below.

user added image

i contract 2 pixel and expand 1 pixel and so i get below. (so that it looks more smooth)
user added image

Last edited by mrcome; 18-11-2005 at 12:06 AM.
# 4 18-11-2005 , 12:13 AM
the actuall object is like this in maya.

user added image

# 5 18-11-2005 , 12:18 AM
concerning ur car transparent area, actually i don't know why also, if you don't mind, please send me the tiff file you produce. i try to open it with psp and load the alpha channel and see what selection it gives me.

# 6 18-11-2005 , 12:26 AM
Well check it out, even if I expand the base plane it will still be transparent on the model.

Check out on the paint how it is transparent even though you would be able to see the bottom plane behind it.

There are spots on the car paint that are just see through.

# 7 01-11-2013 , 03:31 AM