Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-12-2013 , 07:12 PM

problem with motion path

Hi guys

I was going to post the message below, but can't seem to attach a Maya .mb scene file, is there anyway I can attach an .mb file?

Would anybody be able to have a quick look at the attached scene which was made in Maya 2009 Unlimited and tell me why the link won't follow the curve even though I attached it with the “attach to motion path” command.

I am trying to follow a youtube tutorial for making a chain but keep getting this problem.
Thanks everyone.
Bill

# 2 13-12-2013 , 09:45 PM
Super Moderator
You can upload it to a third party site and post the link here.

- Genny
# 3 13-12-2013 , 11:27 PM
Any suggestions to a site where I could up load it to as I not on any social media sites, you knew there must be someone who does not use any of them, and its me!!
Thank you for looking and responding.
trikeman

# 4 13-12-2013 , 11:44 PM
Super Moderator
The ones that come to mind are, google drive, dropbox, box, mediafire and rapidshare. There's a bunch of free file hosting sites out there.

- Genny
# 5 14-12-2013 , 12:49 AM
After reading the above answer, I have got myself a google drive and looked into sharing files, so I hope the link below works, what you should see is the link is not following the curve and it keeps flicking upside down as it goes around the curve. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9h...it?usp=sharing
Thanks
trikeman

# 6 14-12-2013 , 09:00 AM
Super Moderator
I don't know what steps the tut in question involves but it I think some steps needed to be taken on the chain link prior to attaching it to the curve. I went in and centered it on the origin and froze the transformations, adjusted the pivot point so it sits in the middle of the joint, then attached it to the motion path. Worked fine, and no crazy flipping, my spacing could be better though ha!

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny
# 7 14-12-2013 , 12:05 PM
Interesting, I will go and give that a try, and let you know, how I get on.

Thank you so much for you help.
trikeman

# 8 14-12-2013 , 02:20 PM
Tried and works, just what I needed. Thank you again.
trikeman