Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-01-2014 , 11:48 PM
Senior Animator - Sumo Digital

Urban Pacification

It's been about a year since I did any work on this project, all sorts of boring reasons I won't go into. Anyhoo. I have resurrected my project, and am playing with compositing it into some live video. Going to have some fun doing this and if there is any interest I will post updates on here.
On with the showing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cBJ...ature=youtu.be

# 2 11-01-2014 , 12:13 AM
Technical Director
Looks good. The cab feels a bit "floaty" though. I think adding some more weight into it would help sell it a bit more.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 11-01-2014 , 09:06 PM
Looks good!

# 4 12-01-2014 , 05:25 PM
Subscriber
Still one of the sweetest W.I.P I have seen here - great work.

# 5 13-01-2014 , 07:11 AM

# 6 13-01-2014 , 10:35 AM
Lifetime Member
Not bad at all mate. I dig the wee mech in any case LOL cos I LOVE mechs....would be good to see it under attack one day user added image no rush user added image

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 14-01-2014 , 04:36 AM
The Nurb Herd
Looks great. I think the design is great.

Is it just my tired eyes or is there a bit of swimming on the track? Screen left looks a bit weird. Hard to tell on YouTube.

# 8 14-01-2014 , 09:11 PM
Not much in this update. I did a fresh render, improving the final gather settings and adjusted the lighting, some minor additions to the environment elements.

I would really like to learn about render passes/layers. If anyone could point me at a good resource I would be most grateful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5njMdZjkxKE

# 9 14-01-2014 , 09:17 PM
The animation is the test animation I did over a year ago. I agree, when I get round to animating to suit the shot more specifically I will hope to add that sense of weight.

I do hope to populate the shot with additional animated characters/drones, as well as smoke/dust/particulate matter. Although for this shot I wasn't going to have it under attack. I have plans for another tracking test that's a little more "exciting". Once I have learnt all I need to to make this shot work.

I think the track is pretty solid, there's not much movement, at least not so much that I'm unhappy with it, I think it must be your tired eyes ... now get some sleep man!

Cheers guys user added image

# 10 19-01-2014 , 08:56 AM
Updated the render using render passes, with mixed results, takes a lot longer to get the final image, especially when you take the compositing into consideration. Even so the actual rendering time has increased no end, plus there is a very thin black line around some areas that I'm not happy about. I obviously have more to learn!
Also added some materials to the model.

New Render - Updated Materials

# 11 22-01-2014 , 08:55 PM