Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-12-2013 , 05:17 AM

Animation and Axis problem

I'm animating a car, ive rigged the body and controls to a curves which I can then animate the position with. Ive also used a script so that when I move the car using the curve, the wheels turn aswell.
but now...
when I translate the car(lets say) in the z translate, in the layer editor window, the z translate values change.correct!
But when I rotate the car, and then translate the car, i have Z and x translating. im using object move axis, local axis the arrows are pointing in a wrong direction.
The problem comes when I have to smoothen my curves so the car puls off at a slower speed and gains momemtum, then I have edit two curves instead of one, and they have to be perfectly sync or else the car doesnt move straight but has a slight curve. Ive attached images.

i need to help in understanding how I can move the curve in one axis only. also if I select the cars body layer and animate that only then even if I rotate it, it moves in the correct axis.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-01-2014 , 03:44 AM
If it is giving issues on a certain axis you can go into the channel box and right click te axis you ave select and "lock and hide" or simply lock that axis. I use this a bunch in grouping with rigging. If I were to have all of the translating in groups I would get double transforms as you say. So this is my fix in rigging and grouping things to maintain a clean hierarchy.

# 3 25-01-2014 , 06:23 AM
Banned
Here is a selection of wonderful recipes for homemade beauty regimens are not only the skin, but also very sensitive to the environment.